- SQL 2016 Agent, out SSIS Jobs are failing with a message that says a connection to Sybase Database cannot be acquired
- Failed to acquire connection "SybaseServer". Connection may not be configured correctly or you may not have the right permissions on this connection.
- In Microsoft Visual Studio you can select ADO.NET Data Sources, such as in Server Explorer, to represent the connection to the backend database server.
- With SAP Sybase ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise), there is the ASE ADO.NET Data Provider to create a connection to the ASE.
- However, when using Visual Studio (msdev) 2015, this capability is missing.
- When adding a connection there is no Data Source available in the list for the ASE ADO.NET Data Provider:
- SAP Sybase Software Developer Kit (SDK) 15.5 ESD xxx
- SAP Sybase Software Developer Kit (SDK) 15.7 ESD xxx
- SAP Sybase Software Developer Kit (SDK) 15.7 SPxxx
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) Software Developer Kit (SDK) 16.0 SPxxx PLxx
- Adaptive Server Enterprise ADO.NET Data Provider
- 4.0 Provider ( Sybase.AdoNet4.AseClient.dll )
- 4.5 Provider ( Sybase.AdoNet45.AseClient.dll )
- Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
- Server 2016
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- SQL Server Data Tools for Visual Studio 2015
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise SDK 16.0 ; Sybase SDK 15.7 ; Sybase Software Developer Kit 15.7
SSIS, MSSQL, 2016, studio, 2015, ado.net, ADONET, adonet, CR808395, CR#808395, #808395 , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.