- Receiving various errors in web intelligence (webi) when attempting to connect to SAML SSO to HANA
- Connection tests in CMC and IDT succeed
- SAML logs in KBA 2593463
- Webi throws error similar to...
- This error has also been found in IDT when webi works (and is still under investigation)
com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationException$UnexpectedServerException: Failed to open a browsing session with the connection 'com.sap.sl.relational.impl.ConnectionSpecificationImpl@4e0a61f4 (networkLayer: JDBC, database: sapHana1x, connectionUri: cuid://, connectionAvailable: true)'
Cause: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: : internal error: Invalid principal id for principal $principalName$..
- another error observed is
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc40.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: : authentication failed (Error: INF )
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (this is not specific to any version yet although the issue was observed on 4.2)
- HANA DB (not sure of specific versions yet)
- Customer also had ECC installed on HANA and mapped in BI, not sure if this was related to the issue
biauth emkba , KBA , HAN-DB-SEC , SAP HANA Security & User Management , BI-BIP-AUT , Authentication, ActiveDirectory, LDAP, SSO, Vintela , BI-RA-WBI-BE , Back End/Server , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.