- During the installation of an Additional Application Server Instance, you get the following error on SWPM:
"Cannot connect to <servername>"
- On sapinst_dev.log file you can see the following error:
WARNING 2017-05-02 14:39:32.529 (DOMAIN\installuser) (startInstallation) [bas/bas/749_REL/bc_749_REL/src/ins/SAPINST/impl/src/dbmodmss/iaxmbcom.cpp:111] id=dbmodmssql.odbcdll.connection CMssLogger::logMessage
Cannot connect to the database server. Errors returned: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).
Call your SAP Support.
- Your SQL Server instance is a named instance, but instead using the named instance (<Host_Name>\<Instance_Name>) you're using the <Host_Name>,<TCP_Port> instead.
- SAP Systems based on SAP NetWeaver;
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and higher;
- Windows Server operating system;
access denied, sqlserver, named instance, , KBA , BC-DB-MSS-INS , SQL Server Installation for SAP NetWeaver Products , BC-DB-MSS , SQL Server in SAP NetWeaver Products , BC-INS-NT , Installation Windows , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.