- You cannot connect to the database
- When you try to connect, the system hangs
- Restarting the listener doesn't resolve the problem
- Restarting the database resolves it temporarily, but after a while the issue happens again
- Listener.log file shows the following messages for the connection attempts:
TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error
64-bit Windows Error: 258: Unknown error"
- SAP Systems based on SAP NetWeaver
- Windows operating system
- Oracle database
ora, tns, 12518, 12560, 530, tns-530, cannot, connect, can't, cant, listener, hanging, freezing, freezes , KBA , BC-DB-ORA , Oracle , BC-DB-ORA-DBA , Database Administration with Oracle , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.