- Running isql shows following error message:
[root@DL1 sybase]# isql
The context allocation routine failed when it tried to load localization files!!
One or more following problems may caused the failure
Your sybase home directory is /opt/sybase. Check the environment variable SYBASE if it is not the one you want!
Using locale name "POSIX" defined in environment variable LANG
Locale name "POSIX" doesn't exist in your /opt/sybase/locales/locales.dat file
An error occurred when attempting to allocate localization-related structures.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
isql, locale, locales.dat, LANG , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.