- When trying to open a PDF document with ECL Viewer, an error message is returned: "Unable to open document".
- This only happens in SAPGUI 7.4 patch 12.
- This issue is not reproducible on SAPGUI 7.4 patch 11.
- Running an Automation and Control manager trace in the front-end shows that the document is being created in the front-end:
<53=Automation : CALL METHOD "OpenFileByType" OF [#42/0x1B25D034/202/EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1]
#0: STRING[61 bytes] "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\SAP\SAP GUI\tmp\xxxxxx.pdf"
#1: STRING "application/pdf"
- But the document cannot be opened in the front-end:
SAP GUI for Windows 7.4 patch 12.
SAP ERP 6.0
ECL Viewer, patch 12, unable to open document , KBA , BC-FES-GUI , Graphical User Interface , CA-DMS-EAI , EAI , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.