- During an upgrade an error of type "insufficient free space" can occur in the following phases:
- You will see the following errors in the CHECKS.LOG/CHECKS.TXT
ERROR: Insufficient free space in the database as follows.
- Please refer to file /usr/sap/SWM/SUM/abap/log/DBFPLUSD.RES for more details and additional information about the results of the free space check.
- In the DBFPLUSD.RES you will encounter the following error:
ERROR: Extend file systems
IN TOTAL by at least <X> MB
ERROR: Extend all storage paths of your database by at least <X> MB
- It is important to note that in most cases the free space errors are correct and can be solved by executing DB6TBSXT.CLP.
The first steps should always be to perform the following:
1. Check the error messages
2. Run db2 -tvf DB6TBSXT.CLP
3. Repeat the phase
- If you still observe the errors, where the freespace request can already be fulfilled with existing space then follow the workaround detailed below.
KBA , fsutil , BC-DB-DB6 , DB2 Universal Database for Unix / NT , BC-UPG-TLS-TLA , Upgrade tools for ABAP , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.