- The sysattributes system table cannot be bound to a named cache as an object.
- An attempt to do this fails with Error 867, for example:
sp_bindcache 'systables_cache', pubs2, sysattributes2
Msg 867, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'myASE', Procedure 'sp_bindcache', Line 409:
The system table Sysattributes or its indices may not be bound to a named cache.
(1 row affected)
Msg 19828, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'myASE', Procedure 'sp_bindcache', Line 416:
Cache binding failed for database 'pubs2'.
(return status = 1)
- The database is in single-user mode.
- The sysattributes system table gets bound to a named cache as part of the database binding with no error.
- However, if the database is bound to a named data cache, pages of the csysattributes index can be found in the default data cache.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0
limitation, restriction, documentation , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.