- The Streaming project is using a CSV Input Adapter to read data from CSV files.
- The project is processing approximately 45000 transactions per second from the input adapter.
- When monitoring the _ESP_Connectors metadata stream for the project, the status for the adapter is shown as "CONTINUOUS" and the total processed rows (Good Rows) are shown as increasing (as expected).
- However, at some point, around 15-16 hours later, the following occurred:
- The project stopped processing data because the CSV Input adapter was unable to read data from the files.
- The _ESP_Connectors for the project indicated that the status for the adapter was "CONTINUOUS", and showed the total rows processed (Good Rows) was "2147473408" and then remained at this value.
- The following error message was reported in the stdstream.log: "AdapterMonitor.printModuleBufferInfo) Current size of buffer between module FileInputTransporter and CsvStringToEspFormatter is 20480, and it is beyond its threshold 7168."
- Instructions for troubleshooting this error message cannot be found in the Adapters Guide.
- Instructions on how to increase the buffer size value cannot be found in the Adapters guide.
- However, the buffer size value was changed from 10240 to 30720 in /SybaseEsp/ESP-5_1/adapters/framework/instances/file_csv_input/adapter_config.xml, and the ESP project was restarted.
- It was then observed that the CSV input adapter was able to process data.
- It is unclear if restarting the project resolved the issue, or if increasing the buffer size resolved the issue.
- It was then observed that the warning messages logged in stdstreams.log were as follows:
- "(AdapterMonitor.printModuleBufferInfo) Current size of buffer between module FileInputTransporter and CsvStringToEspFormatter is 20480, and it is beyond its threshold 7168."
- "(AdapterMonitor.printModuleBufferInfo) Current size of buffer between module CsvStringToEspFormatter and MyInStream_Publisher is 30699, and it is beyond its threshold 21504."
- SAP Event Stream Processor (ESP) 5.1 SP12 SP12 Rev122 PL03
- Linux on AMD/Intel x86_64
SAP Event Stream Processor 5.1
streaming, processing,esp , KBA , BC-SYB-ESP , Sybase ESP (Event Stream Processor) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.