Promotion jobs are running very slow when promoting reports which have existing instances in target system. The issue is with performance as eventually the job succeeds.
- Promoting live to live or Importing of an LCMBIAR of Report Only [Eg: 1 WebI report] on BI 4.1 SP02 environment takes more than 10 minutes to complete successfully.
- This happens when the same Webi report is already available in the destination with several (eg: 250 +) excel instances.
- The issue occurs on all SP02 environments in the landscape.
- The issue occurs regardless of whether you promote report with or without its instances from source.
- The same issue is noticed with both LCM Web UI (LCM GUI) and LCM Command line (LCM CLI)
- If there are no instances Target then the job is completing in less than a minute With the instances it is taking like about 10-20 mins for 1 report.
- SAP BI Platform 4.2 SP2
- Windows 2008 Server platform
LCM Promotion import lcmbiar slow performance report target instance 4.2 SP02 , KBA , BI-BIP-LCM , Lifecycle Management Console - Promotion mgmt, Version mgmt , BI-BIP-INS , Enterprise (BI platform) installation, upgrade, patching , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.