- When using Pluggable Access Module (PAM) user authentication for SAP Control Center (SCC) on RedHat Linux 6.0 and above, OS accounts cannot login SCC successfully.
authentication may fail with error below in agent.log:
2017-02-16 12:11:02,424 [WARN ] [security.SecurityService] [RMI TCP Connection(1573612)-127.0.0.1] - Login failed from xx.xx.xx.xx Username: xxxx
2017-02-16 12:11:02,425 [ERROR] [security.AuthenticationHook] [RMI TCP Connection(1573612)-127.0.0.1] - Authentication failed. Please check username and password.
- All accounts here are OS local accounts.
- PAM configuration file already set as below.
auth include system-auth
account include system-auth
password include system-auth
session include system-auth
Read . Username:
- SAP Control Center (SCC) 3.3
- Redhat Linux 6.0 and above
SCC, login failed, PAM, shadow, authentication failed , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.