- A job extracting from SAP S/4HANA 1610 fails with the following error in SAP Data Services:
(14.2) <Date><Time>(R) (0864:3163191040) R3C-151001: |Data flow test_job_3|Reader Query
Error calling RFC function to get table data: <RFC_ABAP_RUNTIME_FAILURE>.
- On SAP Application server, the following short dump occurs:
The termination occurred in ABAP program or include "/SAPDS/SAPLRS_BASIS", in "/SAPDS/RFC_STREAM_READ_TABLE". The main program was "SAPMSSY1".
- The same job runs fine in SAP S/4HANA 1510 with the same functions source code
- Short dump break references CALL_RFC_TABLE_MULTIREF
- Job fails after first array fetch. If array fetch is set to 1000, then it will read 1000 records and then fail
- Job will run if number of records in source is less than array fetch value.
- SAP Data Services 14.2 SP8 and all previous versions
- SAP HANA Cloud Integration for Data Services 1.0 SP11 and previous versions
- SAP Application Server S/4HANA 1610
- SAP Netweaver 7.5 SP6
- ABAP Dataflow extracting using RFC transfer method
- Extractions using SAP RFC table reader
Data Services, BODS, DS, S4HANA, Upgrade S4HANA, S4HANA source, stream, EIM-DS, EIM-DS-SAP, EIM-HCI, LOD-HCI-DS, EIM-IS, Information Steward, RFC_ABAP_RUNTIME_FAILURE, S/4, HANA, SAP , KBA , EIM-DS-SAP , Data Services SAP Interfaces , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.