- Whilst inserting a text/image column the connection is killed by the client or a KILL command but an orphan process is left which loops consuming cpu and procedure cache and is unkillable.
- The orphan process may die when procedure cache is exhausted or may require a reboot of the ASE to clear.
- A dbcc stacktrace on the orphan will show a stacktrace including the functions: memalloc, tdsrecv_streamdata, tdsrecv__value, tdsrecv_params
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE)
orphaned task, CR803900, CR#803900, 803900, client Disconnects , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.