- SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY variable is set.
- ASE fails to start with the message below even when there is a valid license or ASE is in the graced period
SySAM: The SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY licensing capacity setting is not intended for this system. This machine partition or virtual machine does not appear to be part of the machine from which the SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY value was obtained.
License manager initialization fails.
There is no valid license for ASE server product. Installation date is not found or installation grace period has expired. Server will not boot.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.5
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
SYSAM, sub-capacity licensing, sysamcap, graced license, SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY=MACHINE , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.