- A local installation of ASE and backup server fail
- srvbuildres fails to install
- resource file uses virtual address instead of real IP address
- Database host:
Real hostname: <host_name>
Virtual hostname: <virtual hostname>
The backup server log file contains these errors:
Jun 26 10:23:28 2014: Backup Server: 126.96.36.199: The host 'xx.xx.xx.xxx' is not authorized to connect to this Backup Server.
Jun 26 10:23:28 2014: Backup Server: 188.8.131.52: Login host authentication has failed.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- Solaris on Sparc 64bit
- Solaris on x86_64 64 bit
hosts.allow, virtual address, IP address, authentication, backup server, login, host, CR766492, CR#766492, 766492 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.