- ASE server starts with a valid license checked out.
- Then reports 'grace mode' at first SYSAM heartbeat, around 2 hours later.
- Typical errorlog entries show :
1. Successful start :
2016/10/26 17:15:28.20 kernel SySAM: Checked out license for 4 ASE_CORE (2016.1231/permanent/AA12 BB34 CC56 DD78).
2. After around 2 hours :
2016/10/26 19:16:09.96 kernel SySAM: License verification failed for checked out ASE_CORE. License will be graced until Fri Nov 25 18:16:09 2016.
Error: 131274, Severity: 17, State: 1
Failed to obtain license(s) for ASE_CORE feature from license file(s) or server(s).
- Followed by messages reporting 'Invalid host' :
SySAM: Invalid host. The hostid of this system does not match the hostid specified in the license file. Unserved licenses can only be used on the host for which the license was generated.
If the license is intended for use on this machine then you need to check-in the license and regenerate it using the host id for this machine.
The hostid of this system does not match the hostid specified in the license file.
License hostid: 1234abcd
- Or, if a license file with other properties is available (usually the default ASE Developer Edition license) :
Licenses exist for ASE, but a license containing the configured (PE=XX;LT=XX) attributes could not be obtained.
Verify that ASE is configured to use the correct type of license, and either reconfigure; or generate and deploy the desired license from the Sybase Product Download Center.
- Output from command 'lmutil hostid' shows incorrect string "ffffffff" :
> lmutil hostid
The FlexNet host ID of this machine is "ffffffff"
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
- Windows OS only
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.