Upgraded to Replication 15.7 SP304 to resolve a dsi_bulk_copy hanging, but the hangs are still happening.
- Turn on dsi_bulk_copy on the Replicate Replication Server(RRS); it seems to work ok, then a bunch of trans come in from evening processing and replication stops to the target.
- Data coming in to the RRS but it doesn't flow out and the queue grows.
- Then errors about hitting memory thresholds in the log.
- Running admin who didn't show any of the connections with a state of ControllingMem or Sleeping For Mem.
- At this point replication out appeared to be stuck.
- Doubled the memory_limit from 2047 to 4094mb and see these messages in the log:
WARNING CANCEL: Memory consumption belows the memory control threshold for DSI, DSI Scheduler thread (SERVER.database) starts populating the SQT cache.
WARNING #7040 USER(sa) - de/generic/mem/mem.c(2975)
WARNING: Available memory specified by the memory_limit '41943040' has all be allocated.
WARNING #7039 USER(sa) - de/generic/mem/mem.c(2957)
WARNING CANCEL: Memory usage is below 80 percent.
WARNING #7039 USER(sa) - de/generic/mem/mem.c(2966)
WARNING CANCEL: Memory usage is below 90 percent.
WARNING #7041 USER(sa) - de/generic/mem/mem.c(2975)
WARNING CANCEL: Memory usage has dropped down below the memory_limit of '4292870144'.
- Now it was expected replication out to resume, but it did not.
- The last seg block was not moving and admin who, sqt showed it on the same transaction.
- Next the connection was suspended after leaving it in this state overnight, in the morning the prompt still had not returned.
- No further messages in the errorlog either.
- Next the replication server was rebooted and resumed the connection.
- Still no replication flowed out.
- At that point, dsi_bulk copy was turned off and replication started right up.
KBA , BC-SYB-REP , Sybase Replication Server (standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.