- There are two areas under the Filter settings on Query Designer: "Characteristic Restrictions" and "Default Values", refer to SAP Note 1105139
Variables in the "Characteristic Restrictions" area operate as global filters
Variables in the "Default Values" area operate as dynamic filters
- The variable operates as a dynamic filter that can use cache entries
- However on BI, instead of implementing the variables as "Default Values" in the BEx query, they should be implemented as "Characteristic Restrictions", refer to KBA 1854601
- Why BEx Variable specified as "Default Value" is no longer being treated as filters in WebI reports
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2
1854601, 1105139, BEx OLAP cache, cache entries, WebI, Default Values, Characteristic Restrictions , KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.