- Troubleshooting code page related issues.
- A straight forward test to identify code page issues where unicode characters are not read, transformed or loaded correctly.
- Examples, the character displayed in Designer/Database/File:
- MSSQL might display as ‘??’ in Designer (typically if varchar).
- DB2 might display as ‘->->’ in Designer (typically if nvarchar). DB2 Control Center might display as square box(es).
- Teradata might display ��� in Designer.
- Oracle might display as ‘->->’. Or as .
- File format might display as � � in Designer.
- Is it loaded wrong OR is it loaded right and displaying wrong in Designer?
- Refer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojibake or similar.
All supported versions of SAP Data Services
multibyte, encoding, characterset, collation, untranslatable character, corrupted data, code page , KBA , EIM-DS-EXE , Data Services Job Execution , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.