- An 'alter database' is actively shrinking a database
- One database fragment is being removed for a dedicated data segment
- The command executing is: alter database <dbname> off <ASE device name>
- When it starts the command output reports the number allocation units to be processed
- When the shrink completes it reports how many allocations that were processed
- The shrink does not report an interim status
- For example:
alter database tshtest off tdata2
ALTER DATABASE is starting in database 'tshtest'. This command will process 2048 allocation units.
<no status in between the start and end>
ALTER DATABASE has finished in database 'tshtest'. This command processed 2048 llocation units of 2048 requested.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (15.7) SP100 and higher
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (16.0)
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
shrinkdb, shrink database, shrink, performance , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.