- ASE errorlog reports a signal 11 at address bufpindirty
- Or in some cases, signal 11 at smp_bufpredirty
- See attachment Full_Stack_Example.txt for full log entries
Current process (0x1bff013e) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000000e281fb (bufpindirty+0x36b)
- With buffer predirty warning and a stacktrace including functions
WARNING: 1 buffer was found in a predirty state during the termination of spid 3488 (Pss: 0x0x00000004b86ab8d8).
- As a result, new connections are not accepted and existing server processes (spids) seem to hang.
- Checking sysprocesses or sp_who (if still possible) shows (many) processes in COMMIT or ROLLBACK state.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
800396, signal 11, CR800396, bufpindirty, plcblock__flush, commit, transaction , KBA , hung, running slow , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.