After applying BI 4.2 SP02 Patch3 on a BI 4.2 SP02 standalone server [which itself was upgraded from early BI 4.1 versions], the following symptoms were seen -
- The dswsbobje webservices provider does not work as expected when used with BI platform consumers (clients).
- The issue impacts all dashboards using QaaWS, QaaWS Client Login, Design Studio Client Login.
- Error Message Displayed in Browser (as shown below):
Cannot Access External Data
soapenv:Server: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.businessobjects.dsws.impl.DSWSExceptionDocumentImpl.generatedSetterHelperImpl(Lorg/apache/xmlbeans/XmlObject;Ljavax/xml/namespace/QName;IS)Lorg/apache/xmlbeans/XmlObject;
- The issue also affects Design Studio Client login which does not work because the authentication is blank as shown below
Error: could not initiate connection. Check the Web Service URL
- The QAAWS client login also gives an error with similar behavior ie. authentication is blank
Error: Web Services URL is not correct.
- The dswsbobje url itself works fine on a supported Web Browser.
- SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.2 SP02 Patch 3 [ this may also occur with other patches ]
All supported operating systems
BI 4.2 SP02 patch 4.1 dswsbobje web services xmlbeans common-fileupload qaaws design studio , KBA , qaaws , design studio , dswsbobje , 4.1 , web services , xmlbeans , 4.2 , bip , BI-BIP-DEP , SBOP Web Application Deployment, Wdeploy , BI-RA-XL-SVR , Dashboards, view time, refresh, scalability, BOE/NW Int' , BI-DEV-WEB , Platform Web Services , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.