- While trying to perform Basic configuration step 5 - Configure automatically, an error saying BW content activation has not been successfully executed is displayed:
BW Content Activation has not been successfully executed
- SM37 job logs show activation errors:
ERROR: Error when Activating DataStore Object
ERROR: Source system <SID>CLNT500 is not active for this BI
ERROR: Error when creating the export DataSource and dependent Objects
ERROR: Version A of DataStore object <OBJ> does not exist
ERROR: Error when activating element <ID>
- ST22 shows dump:
Category Installation Errors
Runtime Errors CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_REMOTE
The function module "SUBST_GET_SAPRELEASE" cannot be used for 'remote' calls.
The function module "SUBST_GET_SAPRELEASE" was called via RFC, but has not been released for 'remote' calls.
For the following call types, a module must be released for 'remote' calls:
a) Call Function 'SUBST_GET_SAPRELEASE' Destination ....
b) Call Function 'SUBST_GET_SAPRELEASE' In Background Task ...
c) Call Function 'SUBST_GET_SAPRELEASE' Starting New Task ...
Refer to note 725951.
User and Transaction
Transaction......... " "
Function Module..... "SUBST_GET_SAPRELEASE"
Call Destination.... "<SID>CLNT500"
Source Server....... "<SERVERNAME>_<SID>_00"
- Note 725951 (mentioned on the dump) explains how to enable FM (Function Modules) for remote calls, but this is not relevant on this case because this is standard SAP code.
- Note 2306577 does not reolve the issue because this delivers code corrections that are specific for SDCCN.
- RSA1 also shows source system as inactive
- SAP Solution Manager 7.1
- SAP Solution Manager 7.2
KBA , SV-SMG-INS-CFG-BSC , Basic Configuration , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.