Your SAP system is running SAP ASE DBClient SP137 or DBClient SP02 PL04 - downloaded from SAP Service Marketplace BEFORE September 20, 2016.
You notice very slow and sluggish performance on the upgraded systems.
DBACockpit analysis and/or ASE Sybdiag System Monitoring (sp_sysmon) outputs reveal the following:
- ASE engines are constantly pegged at 100% cpu_busy
- very low cache hit ratio for statement cache
- high number of spins for SSQLCACHE_SPIN (statement cache spinlock)
- heavy spinlock activity in Statement Cache
Checking the contents of Statement Cache via dbcc prsqlcache, an uneven distribution of cache statements across the hash buckets is observed; with majority of statements placed in a single bucket.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
SSQLCACHE_SPIN, contention, 100%, performance, slow, busy, engines , 800183 , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.