- There were multiple stack traces because of timeslice error around 15th July 22:43:00 EST
- kernel timeslice -1001, current process infected at 0x87b000 (OptGlobal::OptGlobal(Node<Lop>*, tree*, OptPool*)+0x13b4e)
- kernel timeslice -1001, current process infected at 0x16c631f (CgEvals::_CgCompOp(tree*)+0x9f)
- kernel timeslice -1001, current process infected at 0x2aaaab2374c0 (EVP_get_digestbyname)
- kernel timeslice -1001, current process infected at 0x2aaaab1b3cb0 (fips_sha256_init)
- All sleeping sessions with status = ‘MAINTENANCE TOKEN’ are holding Sh_intent and Sh_row lock on master..syslogins table ( which shows session is not completely established on ASE) – also verified corresponding hostprocess not exist anymore.
- All sessions are waiting with event 717 (CSI module waiting for csi mutex) and waittime is increasing. PIO is 0.
- All sleeping sessions are using engine 4 and 5
- Checked OS logs but couldn’t find any abnormal msg except below and this msg was appearing before 22:43 PM
- ‘Did not receive identification string from xxx.xx.xx.xx’
- To verify this is the problem:
- Captured dbcc pss and statcktrace info for one of the spid with sleeping status and cmd=’MAINT TOKEN’
- To determine the programs involved: select hostname,program_name,count(*) from master..sysprocesses where cmd like 'MAINTENANCE%' group by hostname,program_name having count(*) > 50;
- Determine the dates: select convert(char(10),loggedindatetime,112), count(*) from master..sysprocesses where cmd like 'MAINTENANCE%' group by convert(char(10),loggedindatetime,112) order by 1 asc;
- To find the oldest session: select top 1 spid,status,hostname,program_name,hostprocess,loggedindatetime from master..sysprocesses where cmd='MAINTENANCE TOKEN' order by loggedindatetime asc;
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP63
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.