- SAP ASE 16.0 SP02 PL04 patch was applied to a new SAP ASE 16.0 SP02 installation.
- ASE server hit an "infected with signal 11" error in the module mem__pageallocate_this_engine() with a stack trace:
Current process (0x1ae911d1) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000001a65fa0 (mem__pageallocate_this_engine+0x100), siginfo (code, address) = (128, 0x(nil))
- The stack trace included the following modules:
- The terminated process left the Engine Local Cache (ELC) spinlock unreleased which brought the ASE down:
Spinlocks held by kpid 451482065
Spinlock eresourcep->erprocelc_spin at address 0x00002aaab1797480 owned by 451482065
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
CR801912, CR#801912, 801912, "Shared ELC Access", ENGINE_RESOURCE, SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, registers, 707, 718, memory, stacktrace, ELC spinlock, free space, overwriting, memory corruption, enable large chunk elc , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.