- The "Message Packages are not supported..." error occurs in a backend ABAP Proxy sender system (e.g. CRM, ECC etc) which is sending messages to Process Integration (PI) over the SOAP Adapter with XI 3.0 protocol
- The error is visible in transaction SXMB_MONI but you may also view related issues in the queues via transaction SMQ2
- This issue occurred after upgrades to the backend CRM and also the PI systems
- You may also be using the IS-URL parameter in an interface-specific manner - to connect the ABAP back-end system the the PI Integration Server and the Advanced Adapter Engine (AEX) at the same time
- The error excerpt from SXMB_MONI is:
<SAP:P1>Configuration error on Adapter-Framework(AFW)-Server</SAP:P1>
<SAP:P2>com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Message Packages are not supported on the sender side. Please configure the sender channel accordingly.
- SAP NetWeaver 7.3
- SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.3
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4
- SAP NetWeaver 7.5
- Any ABAP Proxy Backend system (ECC, CRM etc)
Process Integration 7.30, PI 7.30, Process Integration 7.31, PI 7.31, Process Orchestration 7.4, PI 7.4, PO 7.4, Process Orchestration 7.5, PI 7.5, PO 7.5, XI, AEX, ERP, EHP upgrade , KBA , BC-XI-IS , Integration Server , BC-XI-CON-SOP , SOAP Adapter , BC-DWB-PRX , Proxy Generation , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.