- You have questions concerning the memory configuration of SAP HANA Smart Data Streaming (SDS):
- You have installed SDS SPS12 as a Single Host Installation (HANA and SDS services are on the same host).
- You are now investigating how to size the system for a Multi-SID setup (several SAP HANA Systems on the same physical server).
- You want to know how to restrict the maximum memory of the streamingserver process?
- However, the known parameter "[memorymanager] > allocationlimit", does not work when applied to the streamingserver.ini config file. This is most likely because the process runs outside the "normal" HANA memory management.
- You were unsuccessful in finding anything similar in the SDS documentation.
You would like to know if there an implementation of this parameter available or planned?
- You would like to know if the parameter "global_allocation_limit" (the parameter that restricts the maximum amount of memory for the whole HANA system), includes the streamingserver?
- You suspect it does not, since the streamingserver does not show up in the IPMM (Inter Process Memory Management).
- You have already seen the possibility to restrict the maximum memory of single projects.
- As an alternative to the "global_allocation_limit" parameter, you would like to know if there is a possibility to set a maximum memory value for all projects globally, and restrict the maximum number of (running) projects?
- SAP HANA Smart Data Streaming SPS12.
- SLES4SAP4HANA 11.3 (Suse Linux 11.3).
SAP HANA 1.0, platform edition
KBA , HAN-SDS , SAP HANA Smart Data Streaming , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.