- If proxy tables are created on the Accelerator for ASE (A4A) instance that is configured to handle charset ISO_1
- and the data uses the extended Ascii character values (Ascii value > 127)
- it will raise the following error:
1> insert p_vchar1 select char(163)
ODBC error [SQLExecDirect] S1000:1:274:[SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB SO][HDBODBC] General error;274 inserted value too large for column: £
Command has been aborted.
(0 rows affected)
- The above sample attempts to insert the British pound symbol into the proxy table on the A4A.
- SAP HANA ACCELERATOR FOR SAP ASE 1.0 (A4A)
- SAP HANA Platform. Ed. 1.0 SPS10 and SPS 11 (SAP HANA DB)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
Hana, UTF-8, UTF8, charset, 274, varchar, nvarchar, univarchar , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , HAN-ASE , SAP HANA Accelerator for SAP ASE , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.