- When inserting data with Smart Quotes, data is inserted as either (NULL) or with spaces in place of smart quotes.
- Smart Quotes or Stylized Quotes that are valid in the cp850 character set but not in the iso_1 character set are not getting sent to ASE using the correct Tabular Data Stream (TDS) type when the table is defined as varchar when using an EDM with ADO.NET Data Provider.
- SAP Software Developers Kit (SDK) for Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP01 PL01
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
- Adaptive Server Enterprise ADO.NET Data Provider (Sybase.AdoNet45.AseClient.dll)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- .NET Framework 4.5
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit
.NET, VS, Sybase.Ase.Client, Entity Data Model, adonet, CR789856, CR#789856,789856,LONGVARCHAR, Organic_ADONET.tds, Organic_ADONET.wri, DataDirect.tds, DataDirect.wri , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.