- The sp_drv_getcomment user-defined function (UDF) is one of the heaviest hitters we've seen on Pyramid since upgrade.
- This is a user-defined function called via sp_drv_bcpmetadata (primarily).
- It ends up calling the UDF for every column of every table being inserted into and it does a table scan of <temporary database>..syscomments.
- It is being executed to check whether a column has a default or not (to retrieve its text).
- As a result, this function is responsible for about half a billion logical i/o's every hour.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Sybase Software Developers Kit (SDK) 15.7
- SAP Software Developers Kit (SDK) for Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 ; SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise SDK 16.0 ; Sybase Software Developer Kit 15.7
odbc, CR796657, CR#796657, 796657, performance , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.