- Unable to connect to Advantage Database Server (ADS)
- Receive Error 6097: Bad IP address or port specified in the connection path or in the ads.ini file
- Verifying the following does not solve the issue:
- The IP address and port are correct for the Advantage Database Server you are trying to connect to. If you are specifying the address and port in the connection path verify that both are valid values.
- The Advantage Database Server is currently running.
- You can ping the IP address from the client machine and to the server machine.
- UDP Packets are not filtered between the client and server machine.
- Sybase Advantage Database Server 10.x
- SAP Advantage Database Server 11.x
- SAP Advantage Database Server 12.x
Sybase, TCPIP, ADS, locked down environment, UDP, remote connections, Bad IP Address or port specified in the connection path or in the ads.ini file, filtered Packets , KBA , BC-SYB-ADS , ADS (Advantage Database Server) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.