- Does 'dbcc checkstorage' include all checks which 'dbcc checkalloc' does? If not, what is not checked and what extra does 'dbcc checkstorage' do?
- Does 'dbcc checkstorage' include all checks which 'dbcc checkdb' does? If not, what is not checked and what extra does 'dbcc checkstorage' do?
- We run both 'dbcc checkstorage' and 'dbcc checkalloc' on each database, but 'dbcc checkalloc' reports problematic tables, which are however, not included in the 'dbcc checkstorage' reports. Why?
- How to read the reports of 'dbcc checkstorage'? Should we use sp_dbcc_faultreport?
- Our system is a busy one, and we can't find a time period to set it to 'single user mode' to perform the dbcc checks. If we use 'dbcc checkstorage' only, which error codes you think are real errors and need to be fixed?
- What is the meaning of the fault 100039 that we see a lot? Are those real errors or not? For dbcc_faults..type_code, the description in the manual says 'Valid values are 100000 – 100032'.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.x
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
checkverify, extent, OAM, dbcc_faults, type_code, check database consistency, Hard faults, soft fault , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.