SetupEngine / Installer crashes early on (before any user action window is displayed) with the following error:
- Assertion failure
A fatal error has occurred which has caused the installer to quit. Please gather any %TEMP% and installer logs to present to your support personnel.
Installer fails with the following errors:
- Error: Cache: CacheDUs - source directory not found: F:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\product.analysis.ao-4.0-de-32\18.104.22.168\
- Error: CacheDUs - failed to cache DUs.
- Error: Failed to update cache for execution. Program will exit.
Earlier on in the installation, the installer can be found trying to retrieve DUs and create product models but failing to do so, examples of such errors are below:
- Error: The following DUs are marked in the manifest as installed, but not calculated as installed:
- Error: Missing target DU: product.analysis.ao-4.0-core-32
- Error: Product model could not be created from folder: F:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\product.analysis.ao-4.0-core-32\22.214.171.124\
- Error: ProductContext::GetDUsDiskCostByRootDir: fail to retrieve du : product.analysis.ao-4.0-core-32,126.96.36.199 thus no extra cost is read!
- Error: Could not get product model for du: product.analysis.ao-4.0-core-32,188.8.131.52
- Error: Could not open file F:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\ao.integration.precalc-4.0-core-nu\184.108.40.206\product.seed.xml
NOTE: These errors are not limited to the folders seen, these errors are purely examples for the Analysis for Office add-on
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2)
- Linux / Unix
KBA , BI-BIP-INS , Enterprise (BI platform) installation, upgrade, patching , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.