- You are performing a major upgrade of SAP ASE from 15.7 to 16.0 using SAP Note 2162735.
- Upgrade fails with an error message:
The device name, '', is already in use. Please enter a different name to avoid overwriting the existing device. Attribute 'master_device_physical_name' could not be set because '' is an invalid value.
- The problem arises when the master device of the ASE server is not located in directory %SYBASE%\sybsystem\master.dat (e.g. when the ASE software has been installed on one drive, but the database device files including the system device files reside on a different drive)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP02 PL03 and lower releases for Business Suite
upgrade_bs_rdbms.bat, upgrade_bs_rdbms, master_device_physical_name , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.