- Standard job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_JOBSTATISTIC (report RSBPCOLL) does not end.
- You have implemented SAP Note 2118489 - RSBPCOLL has poor performance and performs too many DB accesses. However, the RSBPCOLL report's behaviour did not improve, it does not end and slowly all background work processes are occupied by it.
- Report RSBPCOLL which is accessing table BTCJSTAT hangs at the first select single * to the table.
- There are permanently held locks on table BTCJSTAT. It is also not possible to select explicitly one record of the table via transaction SE16, only the view of multiple records via SE16 works.
- By checking the ASE errorlog, error 12205 is reported a lot of times:
server Error: 12205, Severity: 17, State: 2
server Could not acquire a lock within the specified wait period. SERVER level wait period=1800 seconds, spid=247, lock type=shared table, dbid=4, objid=293013194, pageno=0, rowno=0. Aborting the transaction.
- If you try to do a dbcc check on the related object:
1> dbcc checktable("HRP.SAPSR3.BTCJSTAT")
Checking table 'HRP.SAPSR3.BTCJSTAT' (object ID 293013194): Logical pagesize is 16384 bytes.
Msg 12205, Level 17, State 2:
Server 'HRP', Line 1:
Could not acquire a lock within the specified wait period. SERVER level
wait period=1800 seconds, spid=93,
aborting the transaction.
- The transaction log can not be cleared by transaction log dumps anymore.
- When you check current processes (from DBACockpit or by executing sp_who on isql session), it states that the update process is in status "latch sleep". This had been going on for about hours. When you try to kill the process, the following message occurs:
Killing spid: <xx> will not be immediate because it is waiting for a latch held by spid: <yy>
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) 6.0
RSBPCOLL, BTCJSTAT, lock, timeslice, atomic_try, page faults , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.