The langinstall utility aborts with error 2402 when installing French message.
- langinstall -Usa -Pxxxxxxxx french
- Langinstall will now attempt the installation, ASE will convert messages from 'utf-8' to server's default character set 'iso_1'.
- Loading datetime information from file /sybase/ASE-16_0/ASE-16_0/locales/french/common.loc.
- Loading system messages from file /sybase/ASE-16_0/ASE-16_0/locales/french/server.loc.
- SQLServer message 2402, state 11, severity 16:
- Error converting characters into server's character set. Some character(s) could not be converted.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
sybase, langinstall, 2402 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.