SAP ASE database server runs out of LOCKS and the application reports a message similar to this:
[ASE Error SQL1204] ASE has run out of LOCKS. Re-run your command when there are fewer active users, or contact a user with System Administrator (SA) role to reconfigure ASE with more LOCKS.
- From end user perspective, entire application and server appear to be down. ASE is hung.
- On SAP systems, work processes terminate with ST22 short dumps referencing SQL1204 errors
- You have increased the value of the ASE configuration parameter "number of locks" multiple times (as suggested in SAP KBA 1884542) but ASE continues to run out of locks.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) 6.0
"number of locks", lock_count, "Resource Governor", hung, SQL1204, 1204, CR778145, CR#778145, 778145, resource limit , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.