When ASE is configured with these configuration parameters:
- 'statement cache size'
- 'enable literal autoparam'
- 'abstract plan load' OR session level setting 'set plan load on'
- On Unix / Linux
- Client returns 'Remapping failure for the query' if traceflag 3604 is on
- ASE errorlog reports :
Error: 2805, Severity: 18, State: 20
Bad pointer hex# encountered while remapping stored procedure 'proc_name'. Must re-create procedure.
- On Windows
- Client connection is termninated with message 'ASE is terminating this process.'
- ASE errorlog enties include message 'Remapping failure for the query' and stack trace including proc_read :
Remapping failure for the query:
attempted read from memory location Adaptive Server Enterprise system exception (0xc0000005) generated by a storage access violation.
- After this is seen, the procedure can no longer be dropped with error 3702 is returned to the client :
Msg 3702, Level 16, State 1:
Cannot drop or replace the procedure 'proc_name' because it is currently in use.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
proc_read , proc_get , s_getTreeOrPlan , execproc , "error 2805", "message 2805" , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.