- Running SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) database.
- While configuring backup profiles for dumps using external APIs with names over 30 characters, the following error is encountered:
1> sp_config_dump @config_name='Backup_Conf3', @ext_api = 'sybackup::-SERV 03 -CLIENT Q2WR ', @compression = '101'
Msg 3051, Level 16, State 4:
Server 'SID', Procedure 'sp_config_dump', Line 405:
The dump configuration 'sybackup::-SERV 03 -CLIENT Q2WRÿ+kMÿÿÿ+kÿÿÿ+kI' supplied for Backup_Conf3 is invalid.
(1 row affected)
(return status = 1)
- If the name has only 30 characters, the command works fine:
1> sp_config_dump @config_name='Backup_Conf3', @ext_api = 'sybackup::-SERV 03 -CLIENT Q2W ', @compression = '101'
The change is completed. The option is dynamic and ASE need not be rebooted for the change to take effect.
(return status = 0)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) 7.0
dump, configuration, backupserver, ext_api, CR784560, 784560 , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.