You are running SAP applications on SAP ASE database.
- On SAP systems installed with SWPM SP8, the database server configuration parameter default sortorder id is set to "binaryalt" (id=99) by SAPinst. Prior to SWPM SP8, the installation would set this configuration parameter to "binary" (id=25).
- You load a backup of SID database from an older SAP system to a newly-built SAP system and the LOAD DATABASE fails with the Error 3120:
The database you are attempting to LOAD was DUMPed under a different sort order ID (25) or character set ID (190) than the ones running on this server (SortOrd = 99, CharSet = 190). If the sort orders differ, at least one of them is non-binary.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP130 and higher for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP01 and higher for Business Suite
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) 6.0
- SAP Customer Relationship Management (CRM) 7.0
- SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) 7.0
- SAP Supply Chain Management (SCM) 7.0
- SAP Solution Manager (SOLMAN) 7.1
- SAP NetWeaver - All versions
suspect, index, "system copy", sortorder, 3120, LOAD DATABASE, binaryalt, SWPM, sapinst, different, dump, load , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , SAP Business Suite on Sybase ASE Database Platform , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Sybase ASE Database Platform , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.