- Migrated Crystal Reports which are based on BVs fail when refreshed (BI LaunchPad or Crystal Reports 2013 desktop app) or scheduled. The error message when refreshing is "The viewer could not process and event. Failed to open the connection <Report Title>"
- This Data Connection causes no problems in the source XI 3.1 system. The problematic behavior is observed in BI 4.1 when the Business Views (and dependent repository objects) are brought into BI 4.1 via UMT of through manual export and import of XML using the Business View Manager desktop application.
- Crystal reports are migrated from XI 3.1 SP04 Patch 2 to BI 4.1 SP05 & above using the UMT and the UMT CSV/logs reported no errors.
- Error on report refresh : Logon to underlying database failed  Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]".
- When scheduled, the failure message is "Failed to open the connection. <random rpt file name>. Details: "Logon to underlying database failed".
- The reports have no dynamic prompts. Data Connection for BV passes all tests.
- while we can 'browse data' successfully in Data Connection and Data Foundation from within BVM. However we cannot 'browse data' from tables in CR2013.
- Ensured that everyone has proper rights to Data Connection within BVM.
- The issue cannot be fixed by Re-saving migrated Data Connection, Data Foundation, Business Elements, and Business Views. or Re-saving report from within CR2013.
- The Crystal reports based on direct database connections have no refresh or scheduling problems
- XI 3.1 SP4 patch 2 / Crystal Reports 2013 on Solaris 9 (Source system)
- BI4.1 SP4.x & SP5.x / Crystal Reports 2008 on Solaris 10 (Target System)
- Upgrade Management Tool (UMT) , Business View Manager (BVM)
- Data Connections are based on an Oracle 11G schema.
- XI 3.1 server uses 32-bit Oracle 188.8.131.52.0 drivers.
- BI 4.1 server uses 64- & 32-bit 184.108.40.206.0 drivers.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1
KBA , BI-BIP-UMT , Upgrade management tool , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.