- In this case the problems were due to groups being mapped in that contained users from other domain that were decommissioned.
- CMS logs report "WINAD: ADNetworkBinding::GetDomainController() -- Could not locate a DC for domain mydomain.com or domain does not exist." where mydomain.com is the domain that cannot be reached.
- other relevent errors are "WINAD: ADAggregationManager::UpdateGraph() -- Error populating cache." "WINAD: ADUpdateThread::run() -- Failure updating the graph."
- above this error the group containing the user "WINAD: ADQueryEngine::GetRangedAttribute() -- Looking for attribute "member" for object CN=group distinguished name"
- The AD graph fails to update in this situation which can cause other issues such as synchronization problems, groups showing improper membership.
- Event viewer shows errors "Active Directory Authentication failed to verify the mapped groups. If the problem persists, please delete and re-map into BusinessObjects Enterprise all currently mapped groups." because it is unable to get a reply from a domain controller that 1 or more users in the group belong to
- Editing a user properties that belongs to the down domain will show an error "Active Directory Authentication failed to get the Active Directory groups for the account with ID "SID;User DN". Please make sure this account is valid and belongs to an accessible domain."
- Windows Event viewer will report "Active Directory Authentication failed to verify the mapped groups. If the problem persists, please delete and re-map into BusinessObjects Enterprise all currently mapped groups."
This occurred in SAP Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 SP7 but could potentially occur in any product even 4.x and 4.1
zie microsoft active directory issues problems stability , KBA , BI-BIP-AUT , Authentication, ActiveDirectory, LDAP, SSO, Vintela , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.