- E-Verify: Why is there a 'photo matching' process for E-Verify?
- Photo matching, as defined by the USCIS, is “an automatic part of the initial verification in E-Verify” that prompts employers to compare an employee’s photo ID with a photo displayed on the E-Verify screen.
- Helps employers ensure that the documents provided are valid.
The photo-matching step occurs automatically within Successfactors' Onboarding and E-Verify only when an employee presents one of the following DHS-issued documents for Form I-9:
- US Passport
- US Passport Card
- Permanent Resident Card (I-551)
- Employment Authorization Document (I-766)
- Driver's License in state who participate in the RIDE program.
What happens during the photo matching process?
- We will use a passport as an example and new hire Bob.
- Bob presents his passport.
- Hiring manager Sally, will review the passport.
- During the E-Verify process, the DHS will send back a photo. (See Screen shots below)
- Sally will confirm if the photo is "exactly" the same on the passport as the photo the DHS sent back thorough the ONB system. We must consider, Bob may have lost weight or changed the color of his hair.
- The photo does not match Bob as he looks sitting in front of you, the photo must match the passport and the photo presented in Onboarding.
Here is the panel that will present during the process. See during the initial verification a photo matching is required.
See screen shot below. The photo will present in the panel. This is the photo that should be an exact match to the passport document. In this case, Sally is rejecting the photo as the photo does NOT match. And then she would click submit to E-Verify.
Please Note: If "No Photo on this Document" appears confirm Yes
This panel is where Sally the manager would either upload a copy of the passport or where they would send the COPY of the passport. It must be overnight mail. Never send the original document!!!
If the photo matches the photo in the panel and the passport photo, Sally will keep updating the fields and move through the panels.
***Remember to "finish" the process by clicking the finish button***
- E-verify Process
E-Verify EV Photo match , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-EVF , e-Verify , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.