- Error 8213 reported in ASE errorlog file several times:
Error: 8213, Severity: 20, State: 3
Failed to acquire address lock on object DDLOG
- There are concurrent DUMP DATABASE, DUMP TRAN, CREATE INDEX tasks running on the ASE server.
- From the sp_who output, DUMP DATABASE is blocked by DUMP TRAN; DUMP TRAN is blocked by CREATE INDEX.
- From the sp_who output, some other INSERT processes might be blocked by spid 8 (CHECKPOINT SLEEP).
- The blocking does not clear by itself. ASE server seems hung.
- Killing the DUMP DATABASE or CREATE INDEX task may help to clean the blocking.
- Sometimes ASE server has to be restarted to clean the blocking.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE) 16.0
undetected, deadlock, CR782907, CR#782907, 782907 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.