- Would like clarification on the "kill spid with force" option
- ASE prints 'kill with force' message in the log:
Process id 123 killed with force by Hostname OS_serrver_name, Host process id 456.
- Usually followed by a stack trace in the ASE log, which may include functions related to the 'kill':
- Followed by further functions that can help indicate what the spid was doing at the time of the kill
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP 121 and above
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
terminate task, zombie process, processes holding resources, kill command failed , kill with force , KBA , zombie process , sp_who , phantom locks , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.