- This is an installation problem.
- All relevant diagnostic information reviewed shows no backup server problems:
- master..sysservers and sp_helpserver entries show correct entry for Backup Server
- ipconfig output confirms name of host server as 'SYBASE',
- netstat does not show any port conflict
- You are able to ping the port assigned to Backup Server without any difficulties.
- SYB_BACKUP has a correct entry in interfaces file
- The error in ASE errorlog says there is an issue with the interfaces file:
kernel Connectivity Library (Directory Control Layer) Error: Error returned by service provider.
kernel Connectivity Library (Directory Control Layer) Error: (InterfacesDriver): Requested server name not found.
server Error: 7220, Severity: 11, State: 1
server Site 'SYB_BACKUP' not found in interfaces file.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 12.5.4
- Backup Server 12.5.4 EBF 13387
- Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790] Windows Server 2003 in Citrix Virtual Machine
cannot backup, restore, configuration, BS , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.