You performed one of the following actions:
- Tried to execute a job through the transaction DB13;
- Tired to transport a request (transaction STMS);
- Tried to communicate with an external program that is to be started by SAP (Vertex, tp, brconnect, etc).
You see an error similar to the ones below:
- "Could not start transport control program tp";
- "User not authorized to start the program";
- "Tp call failed";
- "SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE failed for BRCONNECT";
- "program_start_error: see SYSLOG for additional information".
The "dev_rfc" trace file have an error similar to:
User not authorized to start the program on the host
DEST =<destination name>
PROG =<program name>
When testing the RFC destination involved (transaction SM59), you see the following error message:
ERROR: user <user ID> is not authorized to start TP <program name> on host <hostname>
LOCATION: SAP-Gateway on host <gateway hostname> / sapgw<XX>
RETURN CODE: 676
- Product independent
- Release independent
- Client/Server Technology - Gateway
Gateway, Tp, Tp.exe, Program, Secinfo, Sec_info, Sec info, Start, Secinfo.dat, Gw/sec_info, Security, Rules, Rule, Features, 676, DB13, Sapxpg, Sapxpg.exe, DB13 job, SAPXPG_DBDEST_hostname, SAPXPG_DBDEST, Authorized, Importing, Import, Transport, Request, STMS, Sxpg, Pprogram_start_error, Brconnect, Brconnect.exe, Brtools, Externen Kommandos , KBA , video , gscbrazil_video , gscbrazil , BC-CST-GW , Gateway/CPIC , BC-MID-RFC , RFC , BC-DB-ORA , Oracle , BC-CTS , Change and Transport System , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.