The database transaction log gets full. Following errors may show up in system log or db2diag.log file.
- DIA8309C Log file was full.
- SQL0964C The transaction log for the database is full
- ADM1823E The active log is full and is held by application handle "<number>".
You want to do the initial trouble shooting.
- This article listed initial steps to trouble shoot transaction log full issue. Please be noted that the purpose is solely to provide you, our customer with a rough guide.
- The data below has to be collected WHILE the problem exists.
- The data below has to be collected several times (at least 3 times) with certain time interval.
IBM DB2 for LUW database single partition
SQL0964C, ADM1823E, DIA8309C, TRANSACTION LOG, FULL, ACTIVE LOG , KBA , BC-DB-DB6 , DB2 Universal Database for Unix / NT , BW-SYS-DB-DB6 , BW DB2 Universal Database , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.