- A spid is killed using 'kill' command
- A client session is terminated at OS level (e.g. CTLR + C , kill isql session etc.)
- ASE terminates a spid due to an error or stacktrace
- The spid remains active in ASE
- Spid may block other processes
- ASE starts to consume 100% of the CPU
- Spid shows with status "EXECUTE IMMEDIATE" in sysprocesses / sp_who
- A dbcc stacktrace on the spid shows functions including
Previous versions priort to ASE 15.7 suffer from a similar but less significant issue which delays the kill for large tables
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP132 (18.104.22.168)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP01 (16.0.01.00)
upyield+0x14b() , clean_process+0x5cb() , cleanerr , kill_proc+0x335() , quitfn+0x79() , intsql__handle , internal_sql+0x4ca() , s_execute+0x3280() , KBA , dbcc stacktrace , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.